Lions International Peace Poster and Essay Contest 2018-2019
- Lions International Peace Poster/*Essay Contest is one of many Lions Clubs International Youth Programs that aim to provide opportunities for self-development, education, contribution and achievement for young people. (*Essay Contest is available only to children who are visually impaired, according to their National Guidelines)
- Young people between 11 and 13 years of age by 15th November 2018 are eligible to participate in the contest.
- LIPPC provides opportunity for youth to participate in International contest
- Approximately 600,000 youth participate in the Contest each year – over 6 million since introduction of Contest in 1988.
- LIPPC has specific Rules, Conditions, Criteria, Peace Theme and Timeline. Peace Theme for 2018-2019 is “Kindness Matters”
- Judging is conducted at several levels – (a) Club/School/Youth Group, (b) District, (c) Multiple District (National) and (d) International.
- Acknowledgement/Awards: Participation and achievement are acknowledged with presentation of Certificates and Awards at all levels.
- LIPPC presents an opportunity for enrichment of school curriculum areas of learning, creating, communicating, technology and achievement - a unique, enjoyable and enriched educational experience; learning through participation, research, communication, contribution, creating – further development of artistic and writing skill, use of technology, sharing, achievement, personal growth, increase in confidence/self-esteem and acknowledgement for participation and achievement.
- Promotion of Peace Message throughout the world - the message of world peace and international understanding is promoted throughout the world through Displays of Peace Posters, Quotes o Peace and Essays in schools, youth groups and local communities worldwide.
Lions International Peace Poster/Essay Contest Timeline:
October 1st: Deadline for Clubs to purchase LIPPEC Kits
October Friday 26th to Sunday 28th – District 201V5 Convention, Deakin University, Burwood Campus
District 201V5 LIPPEC Display – visit LIPPEC booth at the Convention – display will include Peace Posters
15th: Deadline for a CLUB to post 1 Winning Peace Poster/Essay per school/youth group sponsored to District Governor. Clubs to be notified of forwarding address.
18th: District 201V5 LIPPEC Judging and Award Presentation
1st: Deadline for District Governor to send 1 winning Peace Poster to Multiple District Council Chairperson.
15th: Deadline for Multiple District Council Chairperson to send 1 winning Peace Poster to Public Relations at International Headquarters.
FEBRUARY 1st 2019: International Winners will be notified on or before this date.
District 201V5 LIPPEC Judging and Award Presentation
Date: Sunday 18th November 2018
Venue: Box Hill Lions Hall, 1230 Riversdale Road, Box Hill South
THANK YOU to-
NAB Bentleigh, 383 Centre Road, Bentleigh:
Donation of Prizes and Hosting District 201V5 LIPPEC Community Display -
Monday 19th November to Monday 26th November 2018
NAB Eastland Shopping Centre, MMO5,175-179 Maroondah Hwy, Ringwood:
Hosting District 201V5 LIPPEC Community Display –
Tuesday 27th November to Tuesday 4th December 2018
For further information regarding LIPPC or finding a Club near you please contact – District 201V5 LIPPC Chairman: email@example.com
Kits for Peace Poster Contest:
Lions Clubs may purchase a contest kit from Club Supplies at Newcastle Office Click Here to order online.
30th LIONS INTERNATIONAL PEACE POSTER CONTEST - 2017 Competition Results
“The Future of Peace”
Lions, students, families and teachers gathered at the Box Hill Lions Hall on Saturday 25thNovember 2017 to celebrate District 201V5’s 30th LIPPC judging and award presentation.
The judging panel included DG Pat Mills, Melbourne Artist Susan Gustafson and Leos Shweta Swaminathan (Knox) and Kelly Smith (Wheelers Hill). Judges task is not an easy one, however panel worked well and unanimous decision was about Win Place Peace Poster by Kate Zhang, Rangeview Primary School and Honourable Mention Peace Poster by Summy Yee, Blackburn Lake Primary School.
At Award Presentation, judges commented on participants efforts, standard in art work, creativity, design, use of symbols, maturity of thought and interpretation of Peace Theme “The Future of Peace” – art work overall expressed message of current issues and need for global effort to bring about peace and equality.
Congratulations and Thank You to all who participated and contributed to the success of Lions International 30th Peace Poster Contest.
Lions Clubs and Chairmen - Blackburn North, Donvale, Moorabbin, Nunawading, Rowville and Sandringham.
Schools, Teachers and students – Blackburn High School, Blackburn Lake Primary School, Donburn Primary School, Firbank Grammar Junior School, Brighton, Hampton Primary School, Kerrimuir Primary School, Kingswood College, Laburnum Primary School, Milgate Primary School, Old Orchard Primary School, Rangeview Primary School, Sandringham College 7-10 Campus, Sandringham East Primary School, Tucker Road Bentleigh Primary School, Westall College.
District 201V5 Winner:
Kate, Rangeview Primary School
Sponsosred by Lions Club of Blackburn North (LIPPC Chairman Diana Yates).
Kate’s Quote on Peace “I think that future is about people don’t get left out by anyone else”.
District 201V5 Honourable Mention Achiever 2017
Summy, Blackburn Lake Primary School
Sponsored by Lions Club of Blackburn North (LIPPC Chairman Diana Yates)
Summy’s Quote on Peace: “The future of peace is about all the countries forming together with love, which means no more war and racism and forever there will be peace”
Below is a collection of the District 201v5 Finalists for 2017 - a huge congratulations to all who contributed and what an excellent job by all!
Promoting peace in the community……
* NAB Southland Shopping Centre, Shop 1139, 1239 Nepean Hwy, Cheltenham for hosting district 201V5 Peace Poster finalists display – Monday 27th November 2017 to Tuesday 5th December 2017
*Box Hill Branch, 30 Main Street, Box Hill for hosting District 201V5 Peace Poster finalists display - Wednesday to Wednesday 6th December-Wednesday 13th December 2017
*Box Hill Branch, 30 Main Street, Box Hill for donating Prizes for District Winner and Honourable Mention Achievers and for hosting District 201V5 Peace Poster finalists display.
* NAB Southland Shopping Centre, Shop 1139, 1239 Nepean Hwy, Cheltenham for hosting district 201V5 Peace Poster finalists display
*All Trophies, 399 Dorset Road, Boronia donation of District Winner’s Plaque.
*Artist Susan Gustafson, member Contemporary Art Society of Victoria and Whitehorse Arts Association of Victoria. Weebly www.sgcreate
*ALL who attended, assisted with setting up and refreshments and contributed to the success of this event,
If you have any questions at all please contact our 201V5 Peace Poster Chairman: Ms Georgina Kambouris firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph: 0419 578 089. Georgina is also available as a guest speaker for your club to talk about the Peace Poster program.
Lions Club Australia Peace Poster - Prize Winner Gallery - https://lionsclubs.org.au/activities/youth/peace-poster/peace-poster-gallery-2017-2018/
Lions Club Australia - Peace Poster Competition webpage : https://lionsclubs.org.au/activities/youth/peace-poster/