Lions International Peace Poster and Essay Contest 2017-2018
Celebrating 30 Years of Peace
For the last 30 years Lions clubs around the world have proudly sponsored the Lions International Peace Poster Contest in local schools and youth groups. This art contest for kids encourages young people worldwide to express their visions of peace. To celebrate our 30th anniversary, we have an updated look and encourage every Lions club to engage with the youth in their community to sponsor a Peace Poster Contest entry.
The theme of the 2017-2018 Peace Poster Contest is “The Future of Peace.”
Students, ages 11, 12 or 13 as of November 15, are eligible to participate.
Through the contest students are encouraged to visually depict their interpretation of the contest’s theme. Each year a different theme incorporating Peace is chosen. Twenty four international finalists are selected to represent the work of more than 600,000 young participants from around 60 countries worldwide. Since 1988 more than 3.6 million children have participated.
Encouraging Youth: Each year since 1988 Lions Clubs around the world proudly sponsor the Lions Clubs International Peace Poster Contest in local schools and youth groups, encouraging young people to artistically express their vision of peace as well as expressing in words what peace means.
Promoting the Arts : Participants use a variety of mediums including charcoal, crayon, pencil and paint to express a new theme developed each year to spark their imagination. The works created are unique and express the young artist’s life experience and culture.
Spreading Peace and International Understanding, Among the Peoples of the World
Kits for Peace Poster Contest:
Lions Clubs may purchase a contest kit from Club Supplies at Newcastle Office Click Here to order online.
About Lions International Peace Poster/#Essay Contest:
The Contest is one of many Lions Clubs International Youth Programs that aim to provide opportunities for self development, education, contribution and achievement for young people.
- An International art/#essay contest promoting world peace and international understanding.
- An enjoyable educational experience for young people 11 to 13 years of age. Enriching school curriculum areas of learning - participation, communication, research, self expression, creating (artistic and writing skills), technology through the production of colourful Peace Posters, Peace Quotes and #Essays (#available to youth with vision impairment according to National Guidelines).
- Encouraging youth’s personal best in work and understanding attitude towards other people and cultures
- Judging of Peace Posters/Essays is conducted at several levels – Club/School/Youth group, District, National and International.
- Acknowledging and Rewarding young people – all efforts and achievements acknowledged by presentation of Certificates and Awards.
- Contest has a specific Peace Theme each year – Peace Theme for 2017-2018 is “The Future of Peace”
- Lions International Peace Poster/Essay Contest has specific Rules, Criteria, Timeline and Conditions.
- Promoting and sharing peace throughout the world through displays of Peace Posters, Peace Quotes and Essays – increasing awareness and importance of world peace and international understanding.
- Over 4 million young people have participated in the contest since introduction in 1988 – estimate 400,000 entries received each year from 100 countries.
LIPPC Timeline for 2017-2018:
- February 2017: LIPPC Kits will be available at Lions Australia Club Supplies Store. http://firstname.lastname@example.org
- October 1st 2017: Deadline for Clubs to purchase LIPPC Kits
- November 15th 2017: Postmark deadline for a Club to send one winning poster (per contest school/youth group sponsored) to the District Governor.
#NOTE: Club must notify District Governor in advance of their participation.
- December 1st 2017: Postmark deadline for a District Governor to send one winner poster to the Multiple District Council Chairperson.
- December 15th 2017: Postmark deadline for the Multiple District Council Chairperson to send one winner poster to the Public Relations Division at International Headquarters.
- February 1st 2018: International Winners will be notified on or before this date.
THANK YOU to our sponsors:
ALL TROPHIES, 399 Dorset Road, Boronia – Donation of District 201V5 Winner’s Plaque.
NAB Bentleigh Branch, 383 Centre Road, Bentleigh – Donation of Prizes for District LIPPC Winner and Honourable Mention Achiever and hosting District 201V5 LIPPC finalists display – Monday 28th November 2016 to Monday 5th December 2016.
Thank you – Artist Susan Gustafson
Melbourne artist, Susan Gustafson has been painting and exhibiting artwork in Victoria, Interstate and overseas for over 35years and is recipient of many Awards and Prizes. Susan is a member of the Contemporary Art Society of Victoria and Whitehorse Arts Association and tutors Children/Adolescent painting classes at the Whitehorse Arts Association and Vermont South Community House.
View Susan’s work on facebook www.facebook.com/SGDesigns and
Website: weebly www.sgcreate
A range of original prints and gift cards are available at The Alcove Art Shop, 470 Station Street, Box Hill
For further details/enquiries please contact District LIPPC Chairman: Georgina Kambouris
Email: email@example.com Mobile: 0419 578 089
LIONS INTERNATIONAL PEACE POSTER/ESSAY CONTEST 2016 – 2017
“A Celebration of Peace”
District 201V5 judging and award presentation for this year’s LIPPC was held on Saturday 26th November 2016. Lions, students, families and teachers gathered at the Box Hill Lions Hall to celebrate and acknowledge the wonderful efforts and achievements of the young participants.
It was not any easy task for judging panel - DG Brian Buchanan, Melbourne Artist Susan Gustafson, Lion Rod Moss and Leo Keran Swaminathan - Peace Posters clearly reflected participants strive for personal best efforts and high standard in art work, level of creativity, design, maturity of thought and interpretation of Peace Theme “A Celebration of Peace”.
District 201V5 LIPPC Winner, AND Lions Australia Highly Commended - Lianna, Blackburn High School – Sponsored by Lions Club of Blackburn North (LIPPC Chairman Diana Yates).
Lianna’s Quote on Peace “Peace is something we all want and can celebrate together”.
District 201V5 Honourable Mention Achiever, Stacey, Blackburn Lake Primary School – Sponsored by Lions Club of Blackburn North (LIPPC Chairman Diana Yates)
Congratulations and Thank You to all Clubs and LIPPC Chairmen that sponsored schools for the contest – Lions Club of Blackburn North, Donvale, Forest Hill, Moorabbin, Mooroolbark, Rowville and Sandringham – and also to the schools, teachers and students that participated in the Contest.
Promoting peace in the community … This year’s District 201V5 Peace Poster finalists display is hosted by NAB - ( a ) NAB Bentleigh Branch, 383 Centre Road, Bentleigh from Monday 28th November to Monday 5th December 2016 and ( b ) NAB Forest Hill Shopping Centre, Canterbury Road, Forest Hill from Tuesday 6th December to Tuesday 13th December 2016.
Thank you to
* NAB Bentleigh, 383 Centre Road Bentleigh donation of prizes and hosting display
*All Trophies, 399 Dorset Road, Boronia donation of District Winner’s Plaque.
*Artist Susan Gustafson, member Contemporary Art Society of Victoria and Whitehorse Arts Association of Victoria. Weebly www.sgcreate
*ALL who attended, assisted with setting up and refreshments and contributed to the success of this event.
More of the fantastic 2016-2017 Peace Poster submissions from Lions District 201V5 can be viewed here
Lions International Peace Poster Contest 2016-2017 Winners:
Congratulations to -
*District 201V5 Winner: Lianna, 13 years, Blackburn High School, Sponsored by Lions Club of Blackburn North.
*District 201V5 Honourable Mention: Stacey, Blackburn Lake Primary School, Sponsored by Lions Club of Blackburn North
*Lions Australia – National Winner: Casey, sponsored by Melbourne Chinese Lions Club
*Lions Australia – Highly Commended: Lianna, Blackburn High School, Sponsored by Lions club of Blackburn North
* Lions International Grand Prize Peace Poster Winner: TBA
* Congratulations to Casey, sponsored by Melbourne Chinese Lions Club District V1-4 for achievement of Lions International Merit Award
* Lions International Grand Prize Essay Winner: TBA
If you have any questions at all please contact our 201V5 Peace Poster Chairman: Ms Georgina Kambouris firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph: 0419 578 089. Georgina is also available as a guest speaker for your club to talk about the Peace Poster program.